Tuesday, April 30, 2013

today I learned...

Today I learned that little boys who dress themselves will inevitably begin to choose outfits that their dad would select-- sweatpants and grey from head to toe.

I learned that grocery shopping takes twice as long as normal when you discover in the check out line that you forgot your wallet at home.  Eme thought the whole thing was hilarious and sang songs in the van about mommy forgetting her wallet all the way home and back to the store.  Made the decision to laugh and not cry.  And then I grabbed some chocolate and learned that...

The combination of chocolate, toasted coconut, and cashews really is quite amazing.


Today I was slightly horrified to learn that Eme isn't sad that Sawyer's going for his shots today-- she's actually quite excited about it.  Every 5 minutes she asks if it's time to go take Sawyer for his needle yet...  poor little guy.

I learned that I can eat a whole sandwich in 33 seconds-- which is the amount of time it took for me to warm up Eme's food in the microwave.  It is also the amount of free time I had available to eat my lunch.

Emerson learned how to sharpen pencil crayons today.  And I learned that her ability to trash my house is growing daily.  Apparently one must sharpen pencils in every room of the house...

And finally, I learned that my littlest man is becoming quite the chatterbox.  Cutie.



5 comments:

Kara and Kent said...

Cute! Not to point fingers, but it looks like a mom who shall remain nameless is wearing grey sweats! :)

kelly ens said...

this is quite a list of learned things today :)

Megan Lee said...

Whew! You're super mom! And I thought I had my hands full with just a 2 year old :)

Elissa said...

haha Kara :)

Trev and Rebekah said...

Fun post. My kiddo LOVES sweat pants and usually doesn't care if his clothes are on backwards.

And I think it's funny that Em sang all the way home. At least it got you to laugh