Sunday, July 29, 2012

Been Busy Lately

You probably all thought I'd disappeared...

But actually, I was just a little busy.

Busy remembering.  Busy celebrating.  Busy hosting family.  Busy having fun.
Let's recap.

First up was party time.  It's not everyday your boy turns 5!!!  He had his ultimate dream birthday party-- Safari Kids Zone.  There were lots of crazy kids, lots of energy burned on the jungle gym, lots of food consumed... and one happy birthday boy.


Moving along.

I've also dealing with an independent almost 2 year old who wants to do everything herself.  The left picture is "I can put on my own pajama shorts"... and the right picture is "I can put on my own shoes".  Sure wish I had a picture of the many instances of "I can blow my own nose"-- so many innocent rolls of toilet paper unrolled and destroyed in the process.


My sister and parents were out visiting over the past week... we hit up a couple of the local spray parks in the area... and tried out one of Caleb's birthday gifts.


And we had some family time today walking along the river enjoying the peace and quiet-- while trying to keep the kids from falling into the river and biking off the side of cliffs.


This week's going to be busy too... busy preparing for next weekend when we throw the kids into the truck and head out of town on the ultimate road trip.  A 16 hour drive?  Can't wait!

3 comments:

Trev and Rebekah said...

16 hours to where??

Glad Caleb had a great b-day, wish we could have been there.

Victoria Childrenson said...

A 16 hour road trip? Hope you have plenty to entertain the kids!
We just did a road trip in Melbourne and stopped for a mobile reptile show that entertained the kids for a few hours before the children spent the last few hours contented in the car.
All the best

Anonymous said...

Looks like your little man had a great birthday! Have a blast on your lonnnnng hall of a road trip! If you get a sec, I'd love to hear your thoughts on my latest. xo

peacelovedecor.com