Thursday, May 24, 2012

Living Dangerously

I have a strict "food must be eaten at the dining room table" rule in this house.  Doug and I break this rule every night while the kids are sleeping-- the other day Caleb woke up to discover that there was a small stain on one of the couches where Doug accidently dropped a piece of chocolate.  Caleb was HORRIFIED.  "Doesn't Daddy know that eating in the living room is not allowed?" he asked.  "It makes such a mess-- when Daddy gets home I'm going to have to remind him that he can't eat in the living room."  And when Doug arrived home from work that night Caleb did what he set out to do-- he tore a strip off him... told him he needed to learn to listen and made him promise that he'd never do it again.  And I was just a little bit proud-- wonder where he learns those lines?

But sometimes rules are meant to be broken.  I let Caleb live dangerously yesterday afternoon-- at least he thought so.


A well placed blanket, a makeshift bib-- and this momma didn't have to worry about the juicy oranges being eaten on her white couches.

living dangerously... it may be a little lame-- but this 4 year old was really "eating it up".

:)

5 comments:

Trev and Rebekah said...

That's awesome!

kelly ens said...

that's more dangerous than we allow in our house...even on dark leather couches! ;)

Jamie said...

You're really living on the edge Elissa.
Our kids eat on the couches all the time so I think I'll be in for a battle when we get new ones.
Someday.

Sarah said...

Oh my goodness, you sound like me Elissa! They call me the drill Sargent around here! My Husband can't believe he has to eat his granola bar over a plate while on the couch! LOL! That picture is too delish.

xoxo, Sarah

http://hellolovelydecor.blogspot.ca/

Team AC said...

ha ha, Caleb reminding Doug not to eat on the couches makes me think of something Sheldon would do/say on Big Bang Theory.