Thursday, January 19, 2012

Small Changes... Big Changes?

I found this pretty little painting at a thrift store a week or two ago.  It came with the gold frame.  It was $2 or something like that (half the price of a starbucks drink-- that's how I justify little purchases-- compare them to the price of a starbucks :)

I like it.


I've been at home a whole lot more than usual this week.  You know what happens when I'm stuck at home?  I start staring at all the rooms in my house and get all kinds of fantastically crazy ideas.

I officially decided to paint my bedroom about 6 times this week.  And then 6 times this week I decided to NOT paint my bedroom (cue the sound of Doug rejoicing).  At this point it's still barely there blue (BM Horizon OC-53) but there are still a few more days left in the week :)


But one thing I do know for sure-- is that I am still in love with that light fixture!

6 comments:

christine, just bella said...

Haha, I do that too! compare things to the price of a Starbucks. Too funny. Love the painting and especially love the green dresser. It looks so nice with your barely there blue walls.

mapleleavessycamoretrees said...

I think the color on your wall is lovely--I love all the light that's streaming in through the window. And I'm totally diggin' original art these days so I'm a fan of the painting--good find!

stephanie joy said...

i like the color of your wall.
super subdued! :)
and man, oh man... you saw, i was totally in the mood to paint too!
gah!
i want to paint my whole living area though.
a whole HECK of a lot more work.
i think i'll wait 'til spring when it's warmer and i can open the windows.
-40 isn't very conducive to airing out the house! ha!

Nadine said...

Hey!
You should write a post about thrifting. Where do you thrift? How often do you go? Do you go with a plan? Etc...!?!

Loran said...

I love your headboard and am looking for one similar. Do you mind sharing where you found it?

Loran said...

Sorry! Just found your house tour tab and realized you made it. Wish I was that crafty!