Tuesday, July 12, 2011

All of my Mom's projects...

My Mom likes to do projects too.  She usually has several on the go.  Sometimes she rips something apart or starts painting something before she even knows where it's going to go in the house.  Sound familiar?  Guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree sometimes.

Well my Mom's been working hard to finish up a few things around here before she gets too involved in the next projects (the chair-- for example).  And when my sisters and I come home it's usually our job to figure out where to put everything and to make it look pretty.

Today we found this newly painted dresser a home.  We made it look pretty.


My Mom found this dresser on Kijiji... it was a blond wood in not very nice condition.
She slapped a few coats of light blue paint on the dresser and put some pretty sparkly crystal knobs on the drawers (courtesy of Lee Valley-- she chose the chrome base) and it's now looking pretty great.

You can really see the color in this picture below.
I'm loving the way it contrasts the charcoal grey walls.


Every project needs a home.
This project found it's home in one of the upstairs bedrooms. 


Nice work Mama!

2 comments:

Gord and Andrea said...

your mom has a beautiful home :)

Melissa said...

Obviously having extraordinary craftiness and decorating skills runs in your family!